- Hop on the coolest mode of transport from Amsterdam or Zaanse Schans - the Zaanferry
- Cruise through the Hembrug terrain, once a 'secret' military spot with a weapon and munition factory
- Stop for shopping in Zaandam or travel on through to the heritage village Zaanse Schans
Board this cozy boat in Amsterdam or Zaanse Schans and cruise through the Hembrug terrains and back again. Stop in Zaandam for some shopping or lunch, or just cruise onwards and enjoy the views!
This brand new boat connection from Amsterdam Central to Zaanse Schans and back takes you through the Hembrug terrain, a site of industrial heritage and sprawling woodland. You won't believe you're still so close to Amsterdam!
The Hembrug terrain was a secret military spot with a weapon and munition factory and from 1890 it was home to a defense line comprising 46 forts, batteries, locks and dikes. It's still listed on the UNESCO World Heritage List today.
And toward the end of your journey... the windmills of quaint heritage village Zaanse Schans come into view. Idyllic!
Cancellations are possible up to 72 hours before your visit date.
- AMS Station-Hembrug-Zaandam: 10:00, 12:00, 14:00, 16:00, 18:00
- Zaandam-Hembrug-AMS Station: 09:00, 11:00, 13:00, 15:00, 17:00
- Zaandam-Verkade-Zaanse Schans-Batavia-Wormerveer: every hour on the hour, 09:00-18:00
- Wormerveer-Batavia-Zaanse Schans-Verkade-Zaandam: every hour on the hour, 10:00-19:00
- Zaanse Schans-Verkade-Zaandam: every hour, 09:30-18:30
- AMS Station-Hembrug-Zaandam-Zaanse Schans: 10:00, 14:00, 18:00
- Hembrug-Zaandam-Zaanse Schans: 10:35, 14:35, 18:35
- Zaandam-Zaanse Schans: 11:00, 15:00
- Zaanse Schans-Zaandam-Hembrug-AMS Station: 12:00, 16:00
- Zaandam-Hembrug-AMS Station: 09:00, 13:00, 17:00
- Hembrug-AMS Station: 09:15, 13:15, 17:15
- Zaandam-Hembrug: 09:00, 11:00, 13:00, 15:00, 17:00
- Hembrug-AMS Station: 09:15, 11:15, 13:15, 15:15, 17:15
- AMS Station-Hembrug: 10:00, 12:00, 14:00, 16:00, 18:00
- Hembrug-Zaandam: 10:35, 12:35, 14:35, 16:35, 18:35