- See the world's largest art collection by prominent Austrian artist, Friedensreich Hundertwasser in the unique museum he designed
- Discover Hundertwasser's huge oeuvre, including paintings, monotypes, carvings, and more
- Engage with fascinating temporary exhibitions from Austrian and international artists, across a diverse field of themes and media
Come and see the cream of Vienna's art scene at Kunst Haus Wien, the art museum with an eco-friendly twist. Founded by Austrian artist Friedensreich Hundertwasser, the museum houses the world's largest collection of his work, along with regular temporary exhibitions featuring the works of international artists.
Friedensreich Hundertwasser is widely considered to be one of the most important Austrian artists of the 20th century. His work is a vibrant mix of colors and hypnotic asymmetry, with an emphasis on nature, animism and ecology - as well as architectural themes.
Hundertwasser's vast oeuvre is part of the Kunst Haus Wien's permanent collection. With paintings, lithographs, silk screens, etchings, and more. For art lovers in Vienna, it's a must. The museum is an artistic treasure in itself.
There's also a regularly updated roster of temporary exhibitions ranging in theme and medium, many of which revolve around the ecological subject matter that Hundertwasser championed.
- Access to the Hundertwasser Museum in the Kunst Haus Wien
- Access to the current exhibition (if selected)
- Audio guide (available onsite for an extra fee)
- Guided tour (please consult with the museum staff onsite for availability)
Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.
The Kunst Haus Wien is a green museum in many senses. Not only are the gallery walls painted with natural hues of green - there are trees planted in the facade of the building and on the rooftop.
Nach all den Massen in den anderen Museen, war es sehr angenehm, in aller Ruhe und in dieser angehnemen Umgebung, sich den Werken Hundertwassers zu widmen.
Komme wieder !!