- Explore all of British Columbia's remarkable natural and cultural history at Canada's award-winning Royal BC Museum
- Marvel at the totems, masks, and cultural treasures featured in the superb First Peoples gallery
- See authentic artefacts and creatures displayed in highly realistic settings - from a woolly mammoth chilling out in a rocky ice world, to a tar-scented trip on the HMS Discovery
Experience the story of British Columbia at the Royal BC Museum, a world-class institute of natural and human history. Explore immersive galleries tracing the trajectory of human history from ancient to modern times.
Meet the residents of BC's untamed wilderness with the museum's huge collection of fish, bird, and mammal specimens. If you're lucky, you might see super-sized sturgeon and sharks floating in massive vats.
The museum's fossil collection also contains a wide range of impressive specimens. Some are just a couple of millennia old, while others are a bit longer in the tooth, dating back a whopping 550 million years!
The museum also houses an extensive collection dedicated to the local First Nations peoples, and you'll be heartened to learn that the museum actively supports the repatriation of cultural treasures.
You don't get voted Canada's top museum five times for nothing!
- Admission to the Royal BC Museum, including all exhibitions and scheduled tours
- Live guide (various guided tours available in English, check the screen in the lobby for tour topics and times)
- Floor plan
- Admission to the IMAX cinema
Show your smartphone voucher at the box office and collect your printed ticket.
Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.
After you've whiled away a few hours in the amazing galleries, check out the remarkable historical venues on the museum's grounds, including Helmcken House (one of the oldest houses in BC) St. Ann’s Schoolhouse, the Netherlands Centennial Carillon, and Thunderbird Park. There's also a year-round food truck festival so you won't go hungry!