- Witness a century's worth of Canadian and international art, from works by historical masters and contemporary visionaries alike
- Learn about the influential 'Vancouver School' and see works by indigenous artists, as well as pieces from the Institute of Asian Art
- Pick up a unique gift at the Gallery Store, and refuel with a coffee and snack in the Gallery Café. Its outdoor patio is a must on a sunny day!
One of North America’s most exciting and innovative visual arts institutions has been wowing the public with stories through art for nearly 90 years! Come and experience the power for yourself at the Vancouver Art Gallery. See over a century's worth of Canadian and international art, from historical masters to contemporary visionaries and more.
Set against the backdrop of British Columbia's natural majesty, the Vancouver Art Gallery has been bringing modern and contemporary art to the city's heart since 1931. Back then there were just seven pieces by Canadian artists, but it soon became the foundation for a collection of over 12,000 pieces.
Lose yourself amongst works by indigenous artists, and pieces from the Institute of Asian Art. Browse moving works by Vancouverites such as Jeff Wall, Stan Douglas, Rodney Graham, Roy Arden, Ian Wallace and more.
Step inside and stay a while - there's an excellent 'hidden gem' of an outdoor patio, if you'd like your refreshments with some Canadian sunshine.
- Access to the Gallery
- 45-minute Survey Tours (general overview of current exhibitions)
- 30-minute Highlight Tours (focus on discussions of key works)
- Private guided tours
Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.
If you want an overview, take a Survey Tour - or deep-dive into particular artists and collections with a Highlight Tour!