- Visit the world's most famous prison and hear the stories of Al Capone, 'Machine Gun' Kelly, Alvin 'Creepy' Karpis, and the other dangerous men who did time here
- Get 72-hour hop-on hop-off bus tour access, so you can see all of San Francisco's other best sights - Union Square, Golden Gate Bridge, Chinatown, North Beach and more
- Hear stories from former prison guards and inmates on an award-winning audio tour of a creepy abandoned cellblock
There was once a time when nobody wanted to visit Alcatraz. Now, it's one of San Francisco's hottest attractions. This combo ticket gets you a cruise across San Francisco Bay and a tour of Alcatraz Island and its notorious former prison. Afterward, you'll have 72 hours of access to the hop-on hop-off bus - so you can see all the best parts of the city and really celebrate your freedom!
Take a boat over to Alcatraz Island, and be grateful you don't have to attempt to swim through the choppy shark-infested waters or build a raft out of superglue and raincoats to get back to the mainland, as some of The Rock's notorious residents tried to do.
While on The Rock, you'll learn about its history, enter the cell blocks and hear about daily life in the prison, and learn about some of the famous convicts and attempted escapes on a remarkable audio tour.
There are even Ranger-led nature walks and opportunities for self-guided tours. Once you're ready to 'Escape from Alcatraz' a ferry will bring you back to the city. But the fun doesn't stop there!
You'll have 72 hours of access to the City Sightseeing Hop-on Hop-off Bus. So you can see the best of San Francisco, from Golden Gate Bridge to Lombard Street (the crookedest street in the world), and from Fisherman’s Wharf to the Presidio. Plus, Haight-Ashbury, Palace of Fine Arts, Ghirardelli Square, and so much more.
It's your time and your ticket: so you design the San Francisco itinerary you want!
- Admission to Alcatraz
- Audio tour on Alcatraz
- 72-Hour hop-on hop-off access with live commentary, including the Night Tour
- Alcatraz: Show your smartphone voucher and a government-issued photo ID and collect your paper tickets at the ticket window at Pier 33. Please arrive 45 minutes before departure! You can stay on Alcatraz as long as you like; ferries return every 30 minutes
- Bus: Show your smartphone ticket at the City Sightseeing Visitor Center, 1331 Columbus Avenue
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- Alcatraz: F or E Line Street Car to Pier 33
- Bus: F Line Street Car to the end of the line (1331 Columbus Ave)
I normally avoid audio guides, but the one you get at Alcatraz is brilliant. As you walk around the prison, you can hear stories told by former guards and prisoners. It really adds something unique to an already awesome experience.