- See the history of fashion unfold before your eyes - with iconic styles from Europe and America down through the decades
- Learn about the social significance of mouche beauty spots, and other historical fashion statements
- Model replica clothing from various eras in the rotating temporary exhibitions, and learn in greater detail about each style and era
Take a tour down through the decades, and see the fascinating evolution of clothing styles at Fashion Museum Riga. See traditional Latvian costumes, 19th-century garb, and fashionable European and American trends from the Roaring 20s all the way up to the late 70s.
The museum's permanent exhibition, The History of Fashion, shows how styles have changed, cross-pollinated, and evolved, with real clothes from each era.
Beginning with traditional Latvian costumes, the decades unfold in fabric before your eyes. As the time periods progress, each new exhibit is lit up dramatically under glamorous spotlights - this is a fashion museum after all!
The rotating temporary exhibitions explore specific style in greater detail. Here, you can also model a replica style yourself. See how you would have looked as a 20s flapper or a 70s disco freak!
The museum is filled with other small exhibits and interesting information about the social significance of style - and even features a scavenger hunt game for kids!
- Entrance to the museum and all current exhibitions
- Audio guide (if selected, available in English, Latvian, Estonian, and Russian)
- Live guide (available in English, Latvian and Russian at an additional cost)
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
Each decade of fashion exhibit in the permanent exhibition is accompanied by music from that era - nice touch!