- Journey into Raufarhólshellir, one of the longest and best-known lava tubes in Iceland
- Put yourself in the rugged hands of an expert guide, to keep you safe and help you understand the lava tube phenomenon
- See some of the planet's most incredible scenery on route and in winter see cool (literally) ice sculptures in the entrance of the cave
Venture inside the spectacular lava tunnel Raufarhólshellir, one of the longest lava tubes in Iceland! Learn about the inner workings of a volcano, see the ice sculptures formed inside the entrance and come away a red-hot volcano expert!
If you've been looking for Iceland's 'underground' scene, you've just found it. Join an expert guide for a journey like no other, into the inner workings of a volcano!
Get a 1-hour 'tunnel taster' - you'll be in the safe hands of a knowledgeable leader, who'll walk and talk you through the magnificent lava tunnel Raufarhólshellir.
This is one of the longest and best-known lava tubes in Iceland. Learn about the inner workings of a volcano, touch walls that are thousands of years old, and find out about Iceland's volcanos in the most exciting setting ever!
In winter, see the amazing ice sculptures which have formed inside the entrance of the cave - it's unlike anything you've seen before.
- One-hour guided caving tour
- Transfer to the Lava Tunnel
Show your smartphone ticket to the tour guide.
Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.
The Lava Tunnel is less than 30 minutes from Reykjavik: Head east on road 1, turn onto road 39 after approximately 18km. You will find The Lava Tunnel parking lot after approximately 12km.
If you really want to impress your friends back home with your story of Icelandic lava tubing, learn how to pronounce Raufarhólshellir.