- Take your passport for a special 'middle of the world' stamp
- Balance an egg on a nail, walk the line between north and south, and find out which way a toilet really flushes on each hemisphere
- Get a free chocolate bar at the entrance to Mitad del Mundo, a favorite in any hemisphere
Want to put a foot in each hemisphere? Head to Ecuador's most visited attraction, Mitad del Mundo. Take part in zany experiments that only work here, and see the monument built on the site where a French explorer first calculated the line of the equator in 1736!
Take your passport with you to Mitad del Mundo - Ecuador's most visited attraction - and get a special stamp to mark your arrival in the middle of the world! Not everyone can say they've been to both hemispheres at the same time.
It's a strange place indeed, in the middle of planet Earth. Why not start by visiting the miniature model of the historic center, complete with temples, plazas and iddy-biddy neighbourhoods? This work was declared a Cultural Asset of Ecuador in the late 1980s.
As well as mini cities and amazing views of the equinoctial valley from the top of the monument, there's loads of fun stuff to blow your mind.
Learn why a kilo weighs less here than anywhere else. Balance an egg on a nail (only possible here!), straddle two hemispheres and see if there's any truth to the rumor that toilets flush in different directions - either side of the line!
A not-to-be-missed trip from Quito.
- Entrance to the Pululahua Volcano Crater viewpoint
- Entrance to Mitad del Mundo and all its areas
- Chocolate bar at the entrance
- Entrance to the Equator Line Museum
- Entrance to the Planetarium and all the museums on-site
- Food & drinks
Show your smartphone ticket and ID to the guide at one of the following pick-up locations:
11:00 – QUINDE VISITOR CENTER. Address: Venezuela Street and Espejo (Downtown – Plaza Grande)
- 11:20 – LA MARISCAL – PLAZA FOCH. Address: Reina Victoria between Calama and Mariscal Foch Street. Quito Tour Bus stop
- 11:45 – BULEVAR NACIONES UNIDAS – MAIN STOP. Address: Naciones Unidas and Shyris (in front of 'Banco del Pacífico')
Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.
- 11:00-11:45: Pick-up
- 12:00: Beginning of the tour
- Pululahua Volcano Crater viewpoint
- Mitad del Mundo complex
- Equator Line Museum
- 17:30: Departure from Mitad del Mundo
- 18:30-19:15: Arrival back at pick-up locations
- 19:15: End of the tour
On Saturdays and Sundays only, check out the traditional artistic presentations of music and dance at the site!