- Learn the history and legends of Lake Titicaca, the world's highest lake, which straddles the border between Peru and Bolivia
- Enjoy a transfer from your Puno city center hotel to the port, and a boat ride to the Uros floating Islands
- Visit Taquile Island, get lunch included, and see an indigenous community that still goes about life according to early traditions
Straddling the border between Bolivia and Peru, Lake Titicaca is steeped in myths and legends - but one solid fact is that it's the world's highest lake. Feel the vibe of an ancient community living on a small island and get lunch included, as well as return transport from your Puno hotel.
Legend goes that the first Inca emperor descended from a rock into Lake Titicaca's waters, and that centuries ago, products including quinoa, corn and dried llama meat were immersed into its murky center as a tribute.
You don't have to be so wasteful on this day trip to South America's biggest lake. In fact, you'll want to do anything but throw your included lunch into the water!
As well as a nutritious meal, you'll get a guided tour, plus all the facts (and legends) about this world-famous lake.
Enjoy a boat ride out to the Uros floating islands, step onto two of them, and meet the locals on Taquile Island. The community here still lives according to ancient traditions, and the men knit and weave local textiles.
The views are magnificent from wherever you are. A must-do on your South American adventures!
- Day trip to Lake Titicaca
- Transfer from Puno city center to the port
- Visit of 2 of the floating islands of Uros on a motor boat
- Lunch (suitable for allergies or dietary restrictions)
- Visit of a communal cooperative on Taquile Island
- Drop-off at hotels in Puno after the tour
- English- and Spanish-speaking guide during the entire experience
- Ride on a traditional reed boat in Uros (optional, to be arranged and paid on the spot)
- Gratuities (optional)
Cancellations are possible up to 72 hours before your visit date.