- Learn the history and legends of Lake Titicaca, the world's highest lake, which straddles the border between Peru and Bolivia
- Enjoy a transfer from your Puno city center hotel to the port, and a boat ride to the Uros floating Islands
- Visit Taquile Island and see an indigenous community that still goes about life according to early traditions
Straddling the border between Bolivia and Peru, Lake Titicaca is steeped in myths and legends - but one solid fact is that it's the world's highest lake. Feel the vibe of an ancient community living on a small island, and enjoy return transport from your Puno hotel.
Legend goes that the first Inca emperor descended from a rock into Lake Titicaca's waters, and that centuries ago, products including quinoa, corn and dried llama meat were immersed into its murky center as a tribute.
Enjoy a guided tour around South America's biggest lake, where you'll learn all the facts and legends about this world-famous location.
Enjoy a boat ride out to the Uros floating islands, step onto two of them, and meet the locals on Taquile Island. The community here still lives according to ancient traditions, and the men knit and weave local textiles.
The views are magnificent from wherever you are. A must-do on your South American adventures!
- Day trip to Lake Titicaca
- Transfer from Puno city center to the port
- Visit of 2 of the floating islands of Uros on a motor boat
- Visit of a communal cooperative on Taquile Island
- Drop-off at hotels in Puno after the tour
- English and Spanish-speaking guide during the entire experience
- Ride on a traditional reed boat in Uros (optional, to be arranged and paid on the spot)
- Gratuities (optional)
Cancellations are possible up to 72 hours before your visit date.