Your name, telephone number, email address and data relating to your activities on our website are examples of information that directly or indirectly relates to your identity, contact information or location.
We also collect your personal data when you visit our website or use one of our mobile applications. This information may include your IP address, location details, general preferences, settings and system specifications.
The most evident way we gather personal data is when you place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, set up an account, communicate with our customer service or when you leave a comment, review or other information on our website or mobile applications. In addition, you may be asked to grant access to your current location when using the website or mobile applications, which is done to identify and help you discover cultural experiences and attractions in your area. Finally, if you reached Tiqets through a third party (such as another website or reseller), we may also receive your personal data from them.
How we use personal data
We use your personal data for a number of reasons, in particular:
- To ensure overall smooth operations – your personal data helps us to constantly improve our website and mobile applications and enables us to quickly process your transactions.
- Tailoring content – by personalising our website and mobile applications' content, we can provide you with relevant products and services suited to your interests and needs.
- Reviews – we collect personal data provided in your reviews, for example, by registering the venue you visited and analyze this feedback to evaluate a particular product or service. We also use platforms such as Facebook and Trustpilot for reviews. Please read our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding reviews and feedback.
Customer assistance – in order to streamline your communications with our customer service agents, we use personal data, such as your telephone number to:
- Quickly and securely establish your identity and link directly to your order history
- Facilitate follow-ups via phone, email or live chats. When we believe you may need our assistance i.e. if you cancel a transaction during the final stage of the booking process. We then use your personal data to ask if you require assistance.
- Finally, we may get in contact to update you on any exceptional circumstances that are beyond our control by may affect your experience with our products or services, including but not limited to general strikes and threats to your personal safety.
- Marketing purposes – this boils down to semi-personalized communications including newsletters (see more information below) and promotions of our products and services on other websites you may visit, including social media websites.
- Overall legal compliance – your personal data also plays a key role in helping us identify and prevent fraudulent transactions or other illegal activities on our platform, communicate security messages to our customers and comply with relevant applicable laws and regulations.
- Safe payments – we work together with payment service partners, such as Adyen, on all payment transactions. We don't have access to your full payment details, but we may refer to partial information, such as the last couple of digits of your credit card number, for authentication and anti-fraud purposes.
We will only store your personal data temporarily for the purposes listed above, save for situations where laws or regulations dictate otherwise.
Your user accounts
You may have created a Tiqets account by verifying your email address, connecting through Facebook, Google or by other means. By signing up for an account through third party services (e.g. Facebook or Google), you grant us the right to confirm your identity with these services and access your personal details as explained under ‘Personal data' above.
You will always be asked to give permission before we can access your location from any mobile devices you may be using. By sharing your location, we can provide you with an overview of interesting cultural experiences in the area and help you locate the desired venue. You can withdraw your consent at any time by changing your computer or mobile device's privacy settings.
We are registered as a company under Dutch law, which specifies a number of legal bases that justify the use of personal data. Our use of your personal data is based on three legal bases:
- Performance of a contract – we might use your data based on a contract you may have with us. We may then use said data to, for instance, process online purchases for one or several of our products or services.
- Legitimate interest – based on a case of legitimate interest, which includes economic interests, we may use your personal data to, for example, tailor our content to best fit your preferences, or to fulfil our legal obligation as a company under Dutch law to ensure proper administration practices.
Cookies and Google Analytics
We strive to not embed cookies with a lifespan longer than one year, although there may be exceptions to this time period. Cookies can be placed on your devices by us or by a third party, such as Google Analytics (Google's official web analytics service). Google Analytics allows us to understand, in aggregate fashion, where visitors land on our website and how they use the site. We cannot disaggregate this data to analyze your individual behavior on our website.
Our website uses technical, functional, analytical and commercial cookies.
- Technical cookies – these are necessary to provide the requested service. For instance, technical cookies allow you to proceed through different pages of a website with a single login.
- Functional cookies – these cookies help our website and mobile applications "remember" your preferences i.e. language selection, search history and registration information.
- Commercial cookies – these cookies are used for tailoring our newsletters to your preferences and personalizing online advertisements. Such personalized adverts can also be shown on other websites you visit. This "retargeting" is based on your browsing activities, such as cultural attractions you're searching for. Commercial cookies can also help prevent the same advertisement continuously reappearing on different sites.
The consent you give us to store and use our and third party cookies can be withdrawn at any time by setting your browser to disable cookies and/or remove all cookies from your browser. However, please take into account that this may limit your access to certain functions and areas on our platform. Alternatively, if you do not wish to receive tailored advertising, visit www.networkadvertising.org to opt out of most companies that engage in such advertising.
Third party access to personal data
We work with a number of third parties and may share your personal data for certain purposes.
- Suppliers – we may share your personal data with selected ticket suppliers. This information is used to complete, confirm or personalize your booking and can include your name, email address and telephone number.
- Other Tiqets entities – we may share your information with our legal subsidiaries and other Tiqets entities that are part of the Tiqets corporate family.
- Business partners – if you book an admission ticket with us through one of our business partners, it's possible that such business partner receives your personal data, which they can then use for their own purposes. In this context, your information is governed by the privacy policies of these business partners. We may also share personal data with our partners to prevent or identify fraudulent transactions or other illegal activities on our platform (for which we rely on the legal basis of performance of a task of public interest).
- Other third parties – we use the services of third parties that collect, monitor and analyse personal data on our behalf, including Google. Such third parties are also used to personalize and distribute marketing materials, including advertisements. We also use third parties to process your payments, sharing your personal data with them in order to complete financial transactions. All these parties are under the obligation to keep your personal data confidential, and can only use it for the initial purposes set out by Tiqets.
- Legal obligations – we may have to disclose your personal data to the extent that we are required to do so by applicable laws and regulations.
How we protect personal data
We are committed to safeguarding your personal data against unauthorised usage, modification, publication or deletion of said data. To achieve a high level of protection, we take a variety of both physical and technical security measures. Physical security measures include restricted and monitored access to our offices and user protection measures on laptops and computers. Our technical measure include regular website and mobile application scans to identify security gaps and vulnerabilities. We also use malware scanning, and your personal data is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons with special access rights to such systems. These individuals are specifically required to keep your personal data confidential. All sensitive information you provide is also encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. Finally, we do not store or have access to your full credit card details. Instead, we rely on our PCI-compliant payment service partner Adyen to safely store and process this information.
Access to your personal data
Who controls your personal data?
Tiqets International B.V. controls your personal data on its website, mobile applications and other applications that facilitate our products and services. Tiqets International B.V. is a Dutch limited liability company, incorporated under the laws of the Netherlands and registered with the Amsterdam Chamber of Commerce (no. 59620285). Tiqets International B.V.'s address is James Wattstraat 100-4, 1097 DM Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
6 December 2017