- See Melbourne from the sky with this relaxing 30-minute flight on Australia's only giant observation wheel
- Roam around your shared cabin as you take in panoramic views that stretch for 40 km into the distance
- Add to your experience with optional refreshments including wine, beer, coffee and cookies
In the past it's been called Bleak City, but that's quite a harsh assessment if you ask us. Melbourne is anything but dark and dreary, but if you need to see for yourself, the Melbourne Star Observation Wheel towers 120 metres above the city's docklands, providing the perfect perspective of Victoria's vivacious capital. It wheely is the best view in town.
The city's giant observation wheel is the only one of its kind in the Southern Hemisphere, so your panoramic, 40 km views of Port Phillip and beyond are unique in the land of counterclockwise toilet flushing.
Audio commentary will nudge your eyes in the direction of points of interest, from Melbourne's CBD all the way out to Mount Macedon, Arthurs Seat, and the Dandenong Ranges.
And, if you're so inclined, you can add a glass of famed Australian wine or refreshing tea and cookies to your experience. Just choose your preferred ticket type at checkout.
There are only four of these massive observation wheels worldwide – what a car those would make, eh?
- 30-minute flight in a shared cabin
- Sparkling Flight: Flight + glass of Australian wine (sparkling, red or white), beer or a soft drink + access to the lounge before your flight
- Coffee, Tea & Cookie Flight: Flight + coffee or tea + a cookie + access to the lounge before your flight
Go to the ticket office and swap your smartphone voucher for a paper ticket at least 1 hour before closing time.
Cancellations are possible up to 72 hours before your visit date.