- Get a look inside one of Istanbul's most significant landmarks, the Topkapi Palace
- Explore its nooks and crannies at your own pace, from the treasury and armory to the harems
- Learn how Turkish civilization came to be developed from modest beginnings into an empire
Experience Turkey through a sultan's eyes at one of Istanbul's most significant museums, the Topkapi Palace. See the Ottoman style architecture blending with Islamic influence. Learn how the palace came to become a symbol of Turkey's transformation from a feudal society (swapping land for service or labour) into a mighty empire.
Sultans walked the halls of Topkapi Palace for over 400 years, and it's in these rooms that social events and administrative policies shaped the very development of Turkish civilization.
You might need all day to really dive deep into everything on offer here. Soak up the culture and Turkish pride as you walk through the grand Imperial Gate, onto the landscaped First Courtyard, and into the magnificent Gate of Salutation to the Second Courtyard.
It was in this very spot that Sultan Selim III oversaw state functions and ceremonial assemblies.
See the treasury, bathhouses, harems, and an armory, and feel the imperial charm of halls and royal chambers. Audio guides are available onsite for a more in-depth understanding.
- Entrance to Topkapi Palace
- Entrance to the Harem section
- Audio guide (available onsite for an extra fee)
- Guided tour (can be booked at the entrance gate for an extra fee)
- Swap your smartphone voucher for a paper ticket at the Fez Travel office
- If you want to visit the Harem, you need to buy a separate ticket at the ticket booth (outside the museum)
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.