- Visit an architectural triumph in Genoa's Old Port, designed by architect Renzo Piano
- See over 150 species of plants and flowers including coffee and banana plants, rubber plants, and cinnamon
- Learn about man's relationship with plants and see an indoor rainforest with birds, reptiles, and butterflies!
Sure, it looks like half a giant clear golf ball sitting on Genoa's Old Port, but this amazing 'Glass Bubble' has over 150 different species of tropical plants, trees, and flowers packed inside! La Biosfera is bursting with tropical beauty, just behind the Genoa Aquarium!
Designed by superstar Italian architect Renzo Piano, The Biosphere is a stunning spherical glass and steel structure. Get inside and learn about sensitive ecosystems and environmental research.
It's not big, but it's packed full of blooming beauties in all shapes and sizes, from giant ferns to rubber trees, coffee plants, banana plants, and cinnamon - all plants used by people around the world.
There are even singing birds, reptiles, and butterflies, giving this biosphere a real rainforest feel. It's a must-see for the green-thumbed, and anyone who values biodiversity.
Show your smartphone voucher at the 'C-way desk' at the entrance of the Genoa Aquarium at Ponte degli Spinola. You'll then be given a paper ticket for the nearby Biosphere.
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- The Biosphere is located on Ponte degli Spinola, in the Old Port area of Genoa
- Metro: Any metro to San Giorgio
- Bus: 1, 12 or 13, get off at the final stop
- April - September: 10:00 - 19:00, last admission 18:30
- March & October: 10:00 - 18:00, last admission 17:30
- November - February: 10:00 - 17:00, last admission 16:30