- Visit the State Apartments, Mary Queen of Scots' historic chambers and the 12th-century ruins of Holyrood Abbey
- Hear about the role the Palace plays in Royal Scottish history and its former residents, including Mary, Queen of Scots and Bonnie Prince Charlie
- Explore with a free multimedia guide for a special insight at life in this Edinburgh attraction
The Palace of Holyroodhouse has origins as far back as 1128, when it was an Augustinian abbey. These days it's home to Her Majesty The Queen who, with The Duke of Edinburgh, welcomes around 8,000 specially invited guests from the end of June to early July, during 'Royal Week'.
Tour the Palace and see the State Apartments with a complimentary multimedia guide, where you'll learn about the Palace's former residents, such as Bonnie Prince Charlie, before exploring Mary Queen of Scots' storied chambers!
Then walk amongst the fascinating ruins of the 12th-century Abbey Church and gardens, and finish your visit at the Café at the Palace, where you can enjoy light refreshments and afternoon tea.
- Admission to the Palace, the State Apartments, and Mary, Queen of Scots' historic chambers
- Admission to the ruins of Holyrood Abbey
- Free multimedia guide, available in multiple languages
- Admission to the Queen's Gallery
- Please note that your smartphone voucher must be exchanged for paper tickets upon arrival
- You'll be required to go through an airport-style security check
- In order to speed this process up and reduce queuing times, please carry as few bags and items with you as possible
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.