- Explore one of the largest contemporary art galleries in the world, with a permanent collection boasting 2,500 artworks from the 1920s to the present, and regularly updated exhibitions
- Discover painting, photography, sculpture, textiles, theatre, music, film and more, in the museum that's redefining what it means to be a gallery
- Enjoy everything from Warhol to Marisol in a building designed by master architect Josef Paul Kleihues – don't miss the views from the glass-walled atrium!
Enter an exciting world of modern art and design at the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago. With painting, sculpture, graphic design, and photography – as well as film, theater, music, and performance art – this is your one stop shop for all things arty in Illinois.
One of the largest contemporary art venues in the world, The Museum of Contemporary Art's permanent collection contains over 2,500 works, and the gallery hosts dozens of thrilling exhibitions every year. Once inside, the world is your arty oyster.
In the mood for painting? No problem! How about sculpture? You'll find it everywhere you look. Theater, performance art or film? The museum is committed to using its incredible space to show off all art – so don't be surprised if you catch an impromptu performance in the stairwell, or see a film projected onto the gallery ceiling.
See original works by heavyweights like Andy Warhol, Edward Krasinski, and Gertrude Abercrombie, as well as exhibitions highlighting the hottest young names in contemporary art. And with a suitably stylish gift shop and restaurant, it's a perfectly designed day out.
- Admission to the MCA and all exhibitions
- Show your smartphone ticket at the entrance
- If you bought a reduced ticket, don't forget to bring a valid ID or student ID
Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.
- CTA Red Line
- Bus: Line 3 to King Drive, line 10 to Museum of Science and Industry, line 66 to Chicago Avenue
- Parking garage behind the museum, entrance on East Chicago Avenue
We enjoyed our experience at the museum.