- See the heritage collection of Belgian Railways (NMBS) including historical archives, photos, books, documentaries and posters
- Visit 5 steam locomotives including the Pays de Waes, the oldest preserved steam locomotive in Europe
- Learn the evolution of the railway and see unique footage of the electrification of the Brussels-Charleroi line!
Make tracks for the world of trains here in Brussels, where you can get the lowdown on the oldest railway network on the European mainland! Visit the oldest steam locomotive in Europe, browse the Belgian Railways heritage collection, see the electrification of the Brussels-Charleroi line and more.
From Thomas the Tank Engine to the Orient Express, trains are a huge part of history and culture. If you or someone you know can't get enough choo-choo, decouple yourself from the tourist trail and stamp your ticket to Train World.
The Belgian railway network is the oldest on the European mainland. Here you'll discover the evolution of the railway and see unique footage of the electrification of the Brussels-Charleroi line!
Say hi to Pays de Waes, the oldest preserved steam locomotive in Europe, and 4 of his locomotive friends. Browse the heritage collection of the Nationale Maatschappij Belgische Spoorwegen and release your inner trainspotter with photographs, posters, books, films and historical archives.
Toot toot! All aboard for a good time!
- Entrance to Train World
- Free downloadable audio guide app in English, Dutch, French, and German
- Parking next to the station building (€1 per hour, free on Sundays between 08:00 and 18:59)
- Swap your smartphone voucher for an admission ticket at the ticket office
- For reduced, child, and family tickets, you may be asked to show valid IDs
Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.
- Train: all trains to Schaerbeek Station
- Bus: lines 58 or 59 to Schaerbeek Station
- Tram: lines 7 or 92 to Schaerbeek Station
- Car: parking next to the station building for €1 per hour (free on Sundays)
You must have a deep passion for trains to "submit" yourself to this tour.