- Try on some medieval armor while you're here - because, why wouldn't you get dressed up in chainmail if given the chance?
- Discover the hidden passageways, medieval locks, and hidden signs off the spectacular spiral staircase
- Patrol the top of the guard tower to see a dazzling 360° panorama of the city below, then use the guide to identify the landmarks
The Halle Gate is the only remaining gate from the wall that surrounded Brussels in the 14th century. Now it houses a collection of artifacts focused on medieval city defense. Rotating exhibits illuminate forgotten corners of daily life. Crowning it all is a stunning vista of the city and surrounding countryside.
Journey into the heart of Brussels' medieval defenses at Halle Gate. Start by reviewing the wide array of weapons and mail in the armory. Then review the layout of the city defenses in the planning room. Be sure to inspect the portcullis and the drawbridge first.
You'll also discover the secrets of the armorer’s guild. Check out the odd armaments that were used to protect the city. Investigate the intricate web that kept Brussels secure.
As you make your way up the tower, be sure to inspect the fort’s hidden passages. You may even stumble across a secret exhibit or two. Can you find where the architect signed his name?
You return to the present day on the roof. The modern city sprawls out beneath you, neatly identified by your guide.
Show your ticket at the information desk.
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- Train to Brussel-Zuid + a 10-minute walk
- Metro: Lines 2 or 6 to Hallepoort
- Tram: Lines 3, 4, or 51 to Hallepoort
- Bus: Lines 27, 49, 136, 137, 365A, or W to Hallepoort
- Parking: Paid underground parking at Waterloolaan