- Descend through the mining tunnels that support the mountain, into the salt mine with a guide
- See amazing salt structures 80 meters underground and learn about the history of Bogotá in the Natural History Museum
- Visit the path of the tree of dreams and see amazing views of the western part of the Bogotá savannah from Nemocón's lookout
Remember as a kid, how caves seemed like the coolest, most exciting places ever? Release your inner child on this journey through the depths of the earth, into a 500-year-old salt mine! See every corner of this amazing mine on this Nemocón Salt Mine Guided Tour.
Roughly 700,000 years ago, the whole area of Bogotá was covered by an ocean. What remains of that is a salty wonder - deep, deep underground!
First at the Nemocón Salt Mine, check out the Natural History Museum on-site. Then pull on your safety helmet and get ready for the fun part, 80-meters underground.
Check out the salty walls. Find out how and why nine million tons of salt were extracted. See the chapel of the Virgen del Carmen, which the working miners made their home.
See an underground waterfall over 80 years old, and take a journey through the geology of the Savannah of Bogotá, the origin of salt and its main mining resources at the Natural History Museum.
Visit the path of the tree of dreams and see amazing views of the western part of the Bogotá savannah from Nemocón's lookout.
It's a salty spectacular for all - not far from Bogotá!
- Skip-the-line entrance to the Nemocón Salt Mine
- English or Spanish-speaking guided tour of the mine, Natural History Museum, path of the tree of dreams, Salt Museum, and chapel of the Virgen del Carmen
- Safety helmet
Show your smartphone ticket at the entrance and join the next available guided tour in English or Spanish.
Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.