- Enjoy a perfectly intimate experience of the Amsterdam Light Festival, on board the Avanti or the Delphine
- Relax as your expert captain glides you around a special route that's designed to show off the festival at its absolute best
- See 30 dazzling light sculptures by a special selection of international artists – including renowned Dutch artist Jeroen Henneman
The best way to see the iconic Amsterdam Light Festival is from the water, so why not make the most of your ALF experience and see the sights from a historic canal boat? It's a more intimate experience than the other cruises, and your expert captain will steer you around a custom route as you marvel at the amazing sculptures and sip on warming gluhwein – the perfect festive treat!
This year's theme is 'The Medium is the Message', the famous adage by Canadian scientist Marshall McLuhan. Put simply, the medium through which a message is conveyed shapes how a message is understood.
This edition explores the role that light plays as a medium for telling stories. Over 600 artists from around the world submitted concepts on this theme. Ultimately, 30 dazzling art installations were selected to illuminate Amsterdam's historic city center during the festival.
As for you, nestled aboard a charming historic canal boat, you'll have the coziest way to experience the festival! Don't worry about the winter chill – on-board heating, thick blankets and complimentary gluhwein or soda will warm your body and soul as you enjoy the best of this year's display.
- 75-minute cruise on a historic boat with heating
- Gluhwein or soda
- Show your smartphone ticket at Cafe Tisfris, under the canopy, to the staff wearing a white Tiqets jacket
- Make sure to be there at least 15 minutes in advance
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.